- Kyle Reichard-County Champion, Soil Judging
- Kollin Warren-County Champion, Livestock Judging
- Derick Williams, County Jr, Champion, Forestry Judging
- Katie Reichard, County Jr. Champion, Soil Judging
- Derick Williams, District Champion, Discovery Degree Creed Speaking
The following teams were recognized as County or District Champions:
- Soil Judging: Kyle Reichard, Kierstan Wolfe-Stewart, Kollin Warren, Isaiah Green
- Soil Judging Jr. Division: Katie Reichard, Morgan Wymer, Ethan Mann
- Forestry Judging Jr. Division: Katie Reichard, Derick Williams, Ethan Mann
- Small Gas Engine CDE: Kollin Warren, Elijah Thornburg
- Welding CDE: Kollin Warren, Elijah Thornburg
Other highlights of the night were Derick Williams reciting the FFA Creed, Chapter Star Awards were presented, and 2016-17 Officers were initiated. Chapter Stars:
- Star Discovery Degree: Katie Reichard and Derick Williams
- Star Greenhand: Corey Whitesel
- Star Chapter Farmer: Kollin Warren
- Star Chapter Agriculture Placement: Kyle Reichard
- Dekalb Agriculture Achievement Award: Elizabeth Casillas
- President: Kollin Warren
- Vice-President: Kyle Reichard
Secretary: Kierstan Wolfe-Stewart
- Treasurer: Elijah Thornburg
- Reporter: Katie Reichard
- Sentinal: Morgan Wymer
- Student Advisor: Derick Williams
Justin served as a voting delegate for the state of Indiana. He attended caucuses with the Presidential Candidates along with those candidates for Central Region Vice-President. Justin attended the voting session on Tuesday morning where they elected the new International Officers for the 2016-17 school year. Justin won an IPAD mini from one of the campaign booths.
Courtney, Ellexsis and Joette attended the School-Based Enterprise Academy on Sunday. On Monday morning, they went before the judges to make their presentation. Courtney and Ellexsis received a Certificate of Excellence for their presentation score. Joette felt very good about her presentation. Most of the students in the School-Based Enterprise Competition compete with a partner but Joette did not. Ms. Kuehl is very proud of her.
The students enjoyed Nashville by attending the Grand Ole Opry, taking in some local restaurants and dessert places, the Opryland Hotel, Opry Mills Mall, the Honky Tonk area.
Randolph Eastern School Corporation will be collecting shoes from Friday, April 22 through Monday, May 9. Bins will be located in North Side entry and the High School entry.
First Place: Derick W., Discovery Degree Creed Contest; Skylar S., Discovery Degree Prepared Public Speaking
Second Place: Kollin W., Extemporaneous Public Speaking; Kierstan W., Multimedia Scrapbook
Third Place: Katie R., Morgan W., Discovery Degree Food Science Demonstration; Kyle R., Kollin W., Plant and Soil Science Demonstration; Katie R., Morgan W., Derick W., Ethan M., Quiz Bowl
Derick and Skylar will represent District 9 in the state contest at Purdue in June. Great job by all who competed!